Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 78

Thread: Warning on Molly Mystery.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    I am extremely uspet on the contents of Molly's mystery book. I am not going to write what they are, as I do not want a thread to go burzerk. But I will inform those who have children under 11, not to read this book to them, or them read the book. Please read the book yourself first and then decide! There are too many items in the book, that is way to HEAVY for young children to understand and comprehend.

    I do know that this is life and the past and American History, I cannot go back on that. But from everything that did occur in American during WWII, why did these specific ideas were written in the book. I will be contacting the author for my answers, I got a whopper of questions and also going to write a long long letter to AG.

    Again, I do not want to say what is in the book, that troubles me and after speaking to a few board members on this, we all have agreed that the contents should not had been written.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Can you pm me and tell me?please? I ordered this book, but if it's bad maybe I should return it. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Molly-Felicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    471
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My 9 year old daughter just read the Molly Mystery and loved it. I know that the internment of Germans in the US during WWII is discussed because she asked me about internment camps. I know that is a harsh subject but it is a part of history. Is this what you're referring to, or is it something else, or possibly just better left unsaid? I totally missed out on the previous thread that had everyone in an uproar so I don't really know what went on.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, if it's that I already know and I don't think my mom would care if I read it. I just checked amazon.com and they say the age limit is ages 9-12. [img]confused.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Kelli_AG_Girly's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2005
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Would you PM me please, because I wanted to get this book for my cousin, and she is 8, and she really wants it...So please pm me so that I know, because I know what she is allowed to read and what she is not..
    Thanks!! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ February 09, 2007 08:58 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't forget to pm me too, please.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member melissa2491's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2005
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    please pm me and tell me what was so well scary about

  8. #8
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am not going to tell the 13 and under board members why. It is nothing too serious. But I would have your parents read it first and then ok it to you, so if you have questions for them, they will be ready.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok. I'm just telling you that I'm **.

    Edited to delete age.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 09, 2005 12:25 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If it's anything about/like the holocaust I already know and I don't really think my mom would mind me reading this book...... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •